i’m on a roll today! or maybe i just haven’t had enough time to just sit and think w/o outside stimulus for too long. anyway, random thought: it’s kind of interesting/weird to think about the fact that who we are as people will be (probably) immortalized through intangible, yet far-reaching things like the internet, via social media and blogs like this and such. back in the day, the (written) word seemed to be much weightier – the prose, style, and word choice seem so exact, and quotes that we glean from letters people wrote to others or diary entries, or events recorded from eye witnesses sound so polished. today though, anyone and everyone can just word vomit on a page like i am right now, at a much quicker speed, so that we don’t have to think as much about what we’re writing. and probably a part of is too that before, writing was a byproduct of being educated, whereas in our day, typin lyke dis will be the legacy for some. it’s just such a weird thought.
also too, i think the fact that so many people can write down their thoughts will reveal that probably only 0.01% of our thoughts are unique or novel. the other 99.99% have probably been thought of before, in some way, shape, or form, and all we’re doing is recycling (though is it really called recycling if people just come up with it independently?) I guess that’s also why one movie or book can touch millions of hearts – because we all have some sort of shared experience, no matter what part of the globe we’re from, just due to the fact that we were born human.
some days, i think creating something – music, a story, artwork, etc – that others can enjoy for a long time would be amazing and really worthwhile. other days, i wonder what the point of that is, if we’re only helping people escape their mundane realities instead of letting them live and interact and fully be in/enjoy the present.
anyway, don’t know where i was going with this, but yeah, just some random thoughts swirling around in my head.
sometimes i also find it weird that pieces of myself are scattered in so many different places, which all probably reflect a different “me”. there’s fb, and there’s xanga/this blog, and then there’s all my other more “official” blogs, and then there’s my journals and Bible study notes, etc. if anyone ever wanted to make a biography about me, i guess there’s a lot of material to draw from lol! if they even know where to find everything. but yeah i don’t know. it’s a weird feeling to have so many different parts strewn about that people can dissect later.